If you are a woman working in or studying to work in the communications field
in Central Iowa, we’d love to have you as a member of our chapter.
Why Join AWC?
According to a recent survey, the opportunity to network with other professionals is one of the main reasons our members have joined. Networking is more than getting leads and making contacts in case you need them for a job search. Connecting with AWC professionals gives you an opportunity to share ideas and validate your opinions with individuals of diverse backgrounds, yet similar interests.
“As a freelancer, I spend most of my working hours with clients or my computer. AWC gives me a place to network and find support from friendly professionals in many communications fields.”
Cecelia Munzenmaier, author and writing coach
Our members are professionals from diverse fields: advertising, public relations, media, marketing, community and corporate relations, non-profits, coaching, writing and editing services, event planning, etc. Yet, we often share similar concerns and viewpoints on issues affecting women today. This combination makes networking with other AWC members a singular experience.
Chapter Member Benefits
Benefits of belonging to the Greater Des Moines Chapter include
- presentations on current communication issues that keep us abreast of communication industry best practices and advances in technology,
- professional development through leadership and teamwork skill-building opportunities,
- real-time access to local communications-related job postings,
- reduced luncheon fees,
- being listed on our “Hire a Pro” page (under development),
- member-only events,
- and building relationships with other local communications professionals that lead to friendships, collaborations, and employment!
National AWC Member Benefits
- online membership directory
- member-only online publications
- website links providing direct access to
- all active AWC chapters
- AWC-affiliated organizations
- communication resources
- women’s programs
- expert writing references
- national professional recognition awards
- Clarion Awards
- National Awards such as the Matrix Award, Headliner Award,
Georgina McDougal Davis Award, and the Lifetime Achievement Award
- professional education/designation
- Certification Program for Communication Excellence
- national communication-related jobs board
- professional development webinars
- AWC Twitter chats
- service and product discounts
- Hertz Rental Car
- Conference Calling Service
- Penny Wise Office Products
Details of benefits of membership at the national level can be viewed at http://www.womcom.org/membership/benefits.asp.
You can join online at the AWC National website.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!