Des Moines Pastoral Counseling Center is seeking a marketing and communication specialist who has the knowledge and experience to plan a broad-based strategy as well as the creativity and skills to execute the tactics and materials needed to carry the Center to greater levels of recognition and success in the wider community.
DES MOINES PASTORAL COUNSELING CENTER
Marketing & Communications Specialist
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
Develop strategy for and coordinate all marketing and communication activities
in support of Des Moines Pastoral Counseling Center’s (DMPCC) programs and
services. Support and collaborate with Executive Director, Director of Development,
Board members, volunteer leaders and DMPCC staff to increase community awareness
of the mission and services of DMPCC.
- Collaborate with and advise Executive Director and Leadership Team regarding overall communication and marketing strategies.
- Plan: Create and implement annual Marketing & Communications plan and timeline to enhance and increase the community’s understanding and appreciation of DMPCC’s wide variety of programs and services. (Include specific strategies to promote the Institute of Ministry, Veterans’ Services, Prairie Fire, Psych Testing, C.O.O.L., etc.)
- Print Materials: Write content and oversee design and production of all internal and external DMPCC publications including brochures, newsletters, invitations, annual report, etc. (Design of promotional pieces to be outsources to graphic design business.)
- Media Relations: Develop and implement all media relations strategies for DMPCC, including news releases, media alerts, op/ed work, and media response.
- Website & Social Media: Manage DMPCC website – oversee updating, direct content, ensure accurate/current information. Serve as the front-line recipient and responder to questions submitted via the site. Promote DMPCC and its programs through a variety of social media outlets.
- Event Management (Non-fundraising Events): Coordinate planning and implementation of non-fundraising events such as Annual Meeting, educational events, etc. to increase awareness of DMPCC in the community. (Project Manager for Marketing & Communications has overall responsibility for management of non-fundraising events. Director of Development has overall responsibility for management of fundraising events.)
- Event Promotion: Oversee promotion of both fundraising and non-fundraising events to increase attendance and community awareness.
- Advertising: Manage advertising for all programs, services and fund development events/activities. (Including budget development, copy writing and ad placement.)
- Develop talking points for DMPCC spokespeople, including Board members, regarding services and programs.
- Manage all public relations efforts related to disseminating coordinated messages from DMPCC to the general public.
- Manage internal communication efforts to ensure that all internal communications are presented accurately and appropriately to employees and other audiences.
- Other duties as assigned
CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates concern for meeting internal and external customer needs in a manner that provides satisfaction. Anticipates additional needs of the customer beyond their current use of DMPCC services. Understands and finds solutions within the limits of what is available. Solves problems with minimal disruption. Communicates openly and directly. Able to change communication style according to the needs of the audience and the situation.
TEAMWORK: Able to gain cooperation from others and work collaboratively toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties. Proactively identifies opportunities to assist others and ensures that information is communicated accurately and timely to all necessary parties. Behaves honestly and ethically.
PLANNING AND ORGANIZING: Establishes a systematic course of action to accomplish goals and objectives. Determines priorities and uses time effectively. Completes the workload required of the position. Able to change priorities according to the work load and asks for assistance as appropriate.
ACHIEVEMENT ORIENTATION: Self-starting. Independently demonstrates a desire to set and meet goals, to find a better or more efficient way to do things, and to compete against a self-defined standard of excellence.
EXPERTISE (Technical or Procedural): Possesses specialized knowledge or skills to accomplish results. Is capable of learning new skills. Identifies areas for enhancing/acquiring new skills to enhance effectiveness.
PRESENTATION SKILLS: Is effective in a variety of presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, with volunteers and donors.
If interested, contact
Ellery Duke, Ph.D.