The Online Community Manager will help build and foster a growing online community around Cooking Up a Story, an internet-based show and blog about food and sustainable living. We will be launching a new YouTube channel in April called Food Farmer Earth, and principal responsible will focus on the promotion of this new channel to attract viewers. The ideal candidate will possess a strong interest in food, agriculture, and environmental issues with demonstrated effective use of social media skills.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Develop an active community on the new Food Farmer Earth YouTube channel.
2. Through the use of social media, increase audience and community involvement around the CUPS content on multiple interrelated sites.
3. Write brief descriptions for short-form video content that will be published weekly.
4. Curate related video content using built-in YouTube publishing tools on a scheduled basis, and on related sites.
5. Provide weekly detailed written reports of current social media outreach efforts and results, and short written status updates throughout each week.
-Strong social media skills using standard tools such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and others.
-self-starter, well organized, with excellent time management skills who enjoys working on their own, and possesses a strong work ethic.
-solid communication skills, especially the ability to communicate effectively in written form.
-Genuine interest not only in the food and sustainability arena, but also an enjoyment, and interest in short and long form video content for acquiring new information.
-College Degree in one of the following, or related fields: Journalism; Communications; or Agriculture.
-Dependable, and ready access to internet broadband service.
-Must be available for work, Monday-Friday (excluding unpaid holidays) 4 hours per day
Salary Compensation: $15-$17 per hour, DOE. This is a part-time position, approximately 20 hours per week. Please send a one-page cover letter (and resume) outlining your key qualifications and why you feel you would be an excellent candidate to fill this position to: firstname.lastname@example.org 2/31